It is people like this that make me angry – first of all they send me unsolicited e-mail and secondly they lie, lie, lie.
The e-mail reads:
It’s a fact: more people find out about your business on Facebook or Twitter than on search engines. Making these sites work maybe tricky for you, but it’s business as usual for us. Let us improve your visibility and enhance your image. It’s part of our complete Internet Marketing package. We’ll be more than your friends – we’ll be your partners.
I am not going to bother answering direct but will give the idjut a peak into MyPE’s figures for the last two weeks:
- Social Media sites such as Facebook and Twitter sent a total of 5 259 visitors to MyPE.
- Search Traffic sent 61 223 visitors to MyPE – 46 880 of those came from Google.com.
So you know where you can take your ‘facts’ and insert none too gently!
By the way – those Google visits are the result of hard work to make sure that MyPE gets ‘follow’ and ‘index’ links from relevant sites. Social media sites DO NOT tell search engine bots to ‘follow’ or ‘index’ links from them to your site.
All you are doing is making the man rich when you slavishly believe that Social Media is the be all and end all of your marketing campaign.
Facebook and Twitter are just like the free community newspapers – only good to be used as reading material and the occasional emergency wipe in the home of the big white bowl.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 19 Inches – When Size Counts - 9 December 2019
- Update: 9 December Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 4 - 9 December 2019
- Police Seek Missing 7-year-old boy - 9 December 2019
- PE Cops turning the tide on crime - 9 December 2019
- 8 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 9 December 2019