All of the PE animal concern groups Izinja, PEAR, DAC to name a few attended a workshop hosted by AACL. From that workshop it came out that dog control are not enforcing fines for illegal breeders.
They had an article and editorial in the Weekend Post now want a meeting with Athol Trollip who, at the moment, is not interested in meeting with us.
We now have a petition going to get the PE Municipality to start fining illegal dog breeders and to channel the funds back to sterilising the dogs in disadvantaged areas. Currently dog control only issue warnings and if there is a fine the money goes to the traffic department
We need to get the petition out to the masses we have set a low target for now 5000 signatures currently sitting on 1162 after 24 hours but we need to keep it moving.
All the best,
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Zonke Dikana – Biography, Songs & Love Life of the South African Singer – Port Elizabeth Business News - 18 October 2019
- The Reason for the Steynsburg violence - 18 October 2019
- Zonke Dikana – Biography, Songs & Love Life of the South African Singer – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 October 2019
- Recall of IPTS grant funding to bankrupt Nelson Mandela Bay - 18 October 2019
- Go Jason – Team Sailing League Regatta - 18 October 2019