The term digital transformation is something that is not new, yet it remains rather daunting and challenging, especially to those that are not technology savvy.
We are aiming to change that by hosting a digital transformation workshop on Tuesday, 27 August 2019 in Port Elizabeth at the Radisson Blu Hotel to help empower entrepreneurs in our province.
Digital Transformation also relates to making use of cloud computing and software to streamline your daily work activities and creating policies and processes that protect you as the user. This especially comes in handy if you run a small business with limited resources.
The facilitator, Samantha Barnard was born and bred in Port Elizabeth and has hosted workshops for Google, Airbnb, SAGE and is a trusted Facebook Partner. She is currently the Director of Phambano Technology Development Centre that is servicing non-profits in Southern African.
She was invited to be part of the panel of business leaders at the recent Trialogue Business in Society Conference held in Johannesburg in May 2019 which is an industry-leading annual event promoting thought leadership, collaboration and innovation for more effective development. The main emphasis of the conference was the integral role of business in society and included speakers such as Dion Chang and . Samantha was part of the panel of thought leaders that discussed ‘Inclusive growth in the Fourth Industrial Revolution’ as well as ‘Unlocking the potential of technology for the non-profit sector’ The panel included representatives from Facebook, Microsoft, CSIR, FCB Africa, Vodacom as well as JET Education Services.
The digital transformation workshop is aimed at sharing her knowledge with small businesses and entrepreneurs in the Eastern Cape that will help them to embrace current digital technology developments. She is also very vocal about online safety and putting effective policies in place against cyber bullying.
The workshop runs from 08:30am – 16:30pm in Port Elizabeth and bookings are essential. Cost per person is R 1999 (excluding vat)
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- Digital Transformation: What does it mean and where do I start?
- The Cloud: Why and how can The Cloud streamline my daily activities, help me make more money and help me save on expenses costs? Which cloud-based software do I need?
- Safety in The Cloud: How safe is The Cloud and why does my Business need to have secure digital properties? (Digital Property Safety Checklist will be provided)
- Digital Transformation Policies: Which policies are applicable to my Business and how do I start writing them? Once I have the policies, how do I implement them? (4 Policy Templates will be provided)
- Social Media Marketing Platforms: Trends for the remainder of 2019 and new features of all platforms. (30 Day Social Media Marketing Strategy Template will be provided)
- Practical Session | Questions and Answers
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why is there SUGAR in these Diabetes Pills? - 24 September 2019
- One for the books – a Southern Right Whale - 24 September 2019
- The very first prepaid meter - 23 September 2019
- Small Biz Talk – For U - 23 September 2019
- On ‘Unexpected’ Baakens River Fish Species and Stromatolites - 23 September 2019