Despatch returned to their winning ways with a solid 38-10 over Grahamstown Brumbies in the EP Grand Challenge competition on Saturday (July 18), running in six tries in the process.
The home side led 35-5 at the break, but seemed to take their foot off the pedal somewhat in the second half as the Brumbies produced an improved performance.
In two surprise results Windvogel registered their second win of the season when they edged Gardens 17-15, while Progess put a spike in Park’s progress up the log with a narrow 8-6 win in Uitenhage.
In a weekend of close results, Trying Stars edged African Bombers 25-23 and Kruisfontein shaded Spring Rose 35-33.
The results were: Despatch 38 Brumbies 10, Trying Stars 25 African Bombers 23, Kruisfontein 35 Spring Rose 33, Progess 8 Park 6, Windvogel 17 Gardens 15.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019
- Filipino Crewman Evacuated off Bulk Carrier - 15 July 2019
- One More Reason Why Foreign Visitors are a God Send - 15 July 2019