Sarah Smith, NSRI St Francis Bay station commander, said:
At 21h15, Saturday, 21st April, NSRI St Francis Bay duty crew were activated following reports from Telkom Maritime Radio Services of a 63 year old Russian crewman aboard the factory vessel Desert Diamond.
NSRI Port Elizabeth dispatched 2 NSRI high-angle extrication crew and an EC Government Health EMS rescue paramedic and they joined our NSRI St Francis Bay crew and the sea rescue craft Spirit of St Francis II was launched.
We rendezvoused with the Desert Diamond off-shore of the Port of St Francis.
The paramedic and NSRI crew were put aboard the vessel and the patient, suffering hypertension, was stabilised and transferred onto our sea rescue craft and brought to shore and he has been transported to hospital by EMS ambulance in a stable condition.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Would you stand in a cage whilst Lions are baited? Then why Sharks? - 23 May 2018
- Another Reason to Move the Manganese to Coega – the Lithium-ion industry - 23 May 2018
- Eastern Cape’s failing primary healthcare facilities - 23 May 2018
- Honouring Madiba on Africa Day - 23 May 2018
- EC Born Sailing Olympian Gives Back - 23 May 2018