Sarah Smith, NSRI St Francis Bay station commander, said:
At 21h15, Saturday, 21st April, NSRI St Francis Bay duty crew were activated following reports from Telkom Maritime Radio Services of a 63 year old Russian crewman aboard the factory vessel Desert Diamond.
NSRI Port Elizabeth dispatched 2 NSRI high-angle extrication crew and an EC Government Health EMS rescue paramedic and they joined our NSRI St Francis Bay crew and the sea rescue craft Spirit of St Francis II was launched.
We rendezvoused with the Desert Diamond off-shore of the Port of St Francis.
The paramedic and NSRI crew were put aboard the vessel and the patient, suffering hypertension, was stabilised and transferred onto our sea rescue craft and brought to shore and he has been transported to hospital by EMS ambulance in a stable condition.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What a sedentary, social media lifestyle, could lead to… - 18 August 2018
- Huge contest expected in Durban – Siya Kolisi - 17 August 2018
- One Southern King Nominated for 2017/18 Guinness PRO14 Dream Team - 17 August 2018
- CEO by day, Ironman in the early mornings, after work and on weekends - 17 August 2018
- Residential Building Activity Trends - 17 August 2018