South African Deputy President, His Excellency Cyril Ramaphosa, Minister of Higher Education Dr Blade Nzimande and Nelson Mandela Bay Executive Mayor Dr Danny Jordaan will officiate at the Human Rights Day event on Monday, 21 March in Uitenhage.
Ramaphosa, Nzimande and Jordaan will also lead symbolic wreath-laying ceremonies at the Uitenhage Massacre Memorial site in Maduna Road, Langa at 09:00 and at the Kwanobuhle Cemetery (10:00) – the final resting place of the 1985 victims. This will be followed by a formal programme at Jabavu Stadium (11:00) where the Deputy President of the Republic will deliver the keynote address on the day.
Entertainment follows featuring artists such as Sdludla Mathousand, King Jade & Baby Joe and Mlilo amongst others.
Editor: Interesting as Deputy President – Cyril Ramaphosa was named on top of the ‘hit list’ of ANC officials who are supposedly heading up the “Anti-Zuma Brigade”.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Planned maintenance at the Lorraine electricity substation to continue - 24 October 2019
- Three Bay beaches retain coveted Blue Flag status and two more in pilot phase - 24 October 2019
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019
- Mayor Appeals to Residents - 30 September 2019
- Rapid capture of rapist following law enforcement collaboration - 26 September 2019