South African Deputy President, His Excellency Cyril Ramaphosa, Minister of Higher Education Dr Blade Nzimande and Nelson Mandela Bay Executive Mayor Dr Danny Jordaan will officiate at the Human Rights Day event on Monday, 21 March in Uitenhage.
Ramaphosa, Nzimande and Jordaan will also lead symbolic wreath-laying ceremonies at the Uitenhage Massacre Memorial site in Maduna Road, Langa at 09:00 and at the Kwanobuhle Cemetery (10:00) – the final resting place of the 1985 victims. This will be followed by a formal programme at Jabavu Stadium (11:00) where the Deputy President of the Republic will deliver the keynote address on the day.
Entertainment follows featuring artists such as Sdludla Mathousand, King Jade & Baby Joe and Mlilo amongst others.
Editor: Interesting as Deputy President – Cyril Ramaphosa was named on top of the ‘hit list’ of ANC officials who are supposedly heading up the “Anti-Zuma Brigade”.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Africa Month Parade to celebrate Africa Month in Port Elizabeth - 26 May 2016
- Red Location Museum to open again - 26 May 2016
- A Feast of world boxing - 26 May 2016
- R813 Million budgeted for 8 000 sites - 25 May 2016
- Mayor donates wheelchairs to Cheshire Homes - 25 May 2016