The Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Stella Ndabeni Abrahams, will on Wednesday, 14 December 2016 recognise the stellar achievements of learners who have successfully completed the Film and Television Skills Programme.
These are 22 Eastern Cape learners who will be awarded their Statement of Results and Certificate of Completion in Film and Television Production; an NQF level 5 qualification. Atos has further committed to place 30% of the learners who successfully completed the programme at various companies in the media and ICT sectors. Such placement is currently underway.
The Film and Television Production Skills Programme emanates from the 2015 Budget Vote wherein the Deputy Minister committed to partner with relevant stakeholders to train young people on online video editing software. The partnership was concluded with MICT SETA, which then engaged with Atos to be the training provider.
The skills programme is aimed at upskilling unemployed youth and graduates with television and television production skills, thus enabling them to respond to the digital media environment. In its pilot year, the programme benefitted 150 leaners and was rolled out at three centres in the Eastern Cape (70), Western Cape (40) and Gauteng (40).
Members of the media are hereby invited to the certificate handover ceremony which will take place as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 14 December 2016
Venue: KSD TVET College, Cicira, Mthatha
Journalists will be afforded interviews and photo opportunities.
RSVPs: Vuyani Sibene on firstname.lastname@example.org or 073 576 3381.
Enquiries: Ndlelantle Pinyana on 076 142 8606 or Nthabeleng Mokitimi-Dlamini on 073 222 5522
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: Department of Government Communication and Information.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Money from Lottery goes to cousin of National Lotteries Commission boss – News from GroundUp - 20 January 2020
- ‘Blame me,’ says coach Boucher as South Africa face humiliating England defeat – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 January 2020
- Cricket: Four players called up to bolster beleaguered South Africa – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 January 2020
- We will always put the people of Nelson Mandela Bay first - 20 January 2020
- Only the Best Will Do – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 January 2020