The Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry, Mr Bulelani Magwanishe will attend the St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) in St Petersburg, Russia from 1-3 June 2017. The SPIEF programme will include the BRICS Business Forum and Russia-Africa Round Table, where Deputy Minister Magwanishe will also be participating.
SPIEF is an annual international conference dedicated to economic and business issues facing Russia, Africa and BRICS, held with the direct support of the President of the Russian Federation, Mr Vladimir Putin.
“SPIEF is an opportunity for South Africa to amplify its position within the BRICS economy and consider regional developments for trade and investment initiatives. The Forum will give us an opportunity to promote South African products and services to a high-level international audience,” says Magwanishe.
Magwanishe adds that South Africa’s participation in SPIEF 2017 will form the basis for expanded focus on African issues in future events.
“The Forum also provides potential for the country to play a more prominent role in future for advancing and influencing the narrative on Africa,” he adds.
Deputy Minister Magwanishe will also meet with representatives of the Russian government and will participate as a panellist in different sessions at SPIEF.
SPIEF attracts international participants, including government and business leaders from the emerging economic powers, as well as leading global voices from academia, the media, and civil society.
Distributed by APO on behalf of The Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 1 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 September 2019
- How a Chinese tycoon caused misery for Lesotho’s wool farmers – Port Elizabeth Business News - 18 September 2019
- Staff loyalty helps KWIKSPAR Beacon Isle land national award – MyPR.co.za - 18 September 2019
- Water woes in collapsed Komani - 18 September 2019
- Appeal to DSTV to share Rugby World Cup Springbok games with the public broadcaster - 18 September 2019