Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Deputy Executive Mayor Thando Ngcolomba defused a tense situation in Helenvale late yesterday afternoon after community members went on a rampage to allegedly protest against the DA Ward Councillor Nico du Plessis.
The furore is a continuation of tense protest action over the last couple of months.
Ngcolomba said a meeting will be held this afternoon at 15:00 at an open space bordered by Ibex, Blesbok, Hartebees Streets and Standford Road. The area is known as Die Gaat.
Standford Road, the main arterial road to the Northern Areas, was closed off for a large part of the day due to the protest action.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019
- Mayor Appeals to Residents - 30 September 2019
- Rapid capture of rapist following law enforcement collaboration - 26 September 2019
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019