Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents that the Gail Road depot is experiencing staff shortage challenges.
This has resulted in delay and non-collection of refuse in some areas including the following:
- Gelvan Park
- Algoa Park
- Young park
- West End
However the challenge is in a process of addressing the challenge by sourcing additional casual employees through EPWP.
Residents are encouraged to keep their refuse until further arrangements are communicated via the Ward Councilor’s office, loud hailing and different media platforms.
The municipality would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Possible Water Disruptions in parts of Nelson Mandela Bay - 24 January 2020
- No significant increase in dam levels despite recent intermittent rain - 23 January 2020
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019