As part of Armed Forces Day celebrations the SA Navy, Air Force and Army will be conducting mock battles in Algoa Bay from 13-21 February 2015.
Naval ships can be visited by the public on from 12 to 15 February, between 10:00am and 2:00pm.
The mock battles are planned between 17 and 21 February.
There will be a night mortar-bombing exercise in the bay on the 18th and all vessels have been warned to rather remain in the harbour.
Most of the exercises will be over 20 and 21 February and local vessels have been warned of extra shipping movements in the harbour and advised to avoid the exercise area between the Port of Port Elizabeth and Cape Recife.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Meet the Fish Farm’s Landlord - 23 April 2019
- Eastern Province Rugby Team to Play Boland - 23 April 2019
- Front Nasionaal / Front National – 2019 - 23 April 2019
- Invite for Girls to Participate in Cricket High Performance Trials - 23 April 2019
- Free Democrats – 2019 - 23 April 2019