The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Art Museum invites artists to decorate one of 73 IRONMAN figurines and sell it during the auspicious ISUZU IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship taking place on 1 and 2 September in our city.
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum produced the small figurines and makes it available for artists to take home, decorate and return to the museum to exhibit from 22 August.
The 2018 ISUZU IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship, equivalent to a Fifa World Cup in triathlon terms, will be hosted on African soil for the first time and will see over 4 000 athletes competing to be crowned the international IRONMAN 70.3 champion.
Interested artists must please send their details and their names will be added to the list of participating artists. Each artist will only be able to decorate one figure. Once the figures are ready we will call you to come and collect your figure to paint.
The IRONMAN figures will be on sale throughout the IRONMAN event and the museum will market the exhibition to the many athletes and visitors to the Bay.
Young artists from 10 to 17 years old are also encouraged to participate.
You may contact Emma O’Brien/Roxanne Bowers to reserve a figurine on 041 506 2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Municipal IDP meetings to start on Monday - 17 August 2018
- Opposition walks out of Council - 16 August 2018
- Unlicensed driver lands ‘in die sop’ - 16 August 2018
- Integrated human settlements development for Summerstrand - 15 August 2018
- Public meetings for businesses and residents on Isuzu IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship route - 13 August 2018