Little-known right wing group Hindu Sena on Tuesday celebrated US Republican party candidate Donald Trump’s birthday at Jantar Mantar in the national capital.
With a birthday cake, balloons and posters — including one showing Trump brandishing a gun, the group celebrated Trump’s birthday. The Hindu Sena called Trump the ‘saviour of humanity’ and the ‘messiah against Islamic terror’.
Speaking to IndianExpress.com, national president of Hindu Sena Vishnu Gupta said they were organising the event because they consider Trump to be their ‘hero’.
“Donald Trump is speaking the entire world’s ‘mann ki baat’ against Islamic terror and we support it,” he said, referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s radio show Mann ki Baat.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Department moves to resolve Queenstown water woes - 18 September 2019
- Two security guards shot and wounded in New Brighton - 18 September 2019
- What to do when you can’t afford to cover your bond repayments? - 18 September 2019
- Bok Women excited to take the field against Spain in Despatch - 18 September 2019
- Will we hear; “Next Stop after Cabo Verde is Nelson Mandela Bay”? - 18 September 2019