Algoa Bay and Port Elizabeth is positioned as the Watersports Capital (Definitely of South Africa, maybe of Africa and hopefully of the World).
We continue to host many international watersport events such as Ironman and various sailing regattas such as the recent 5O5 World Championships.
Not too long ago we were concerned about tourists coming to our fair shores and consuming too much precious water as we were in the grip of a drought.
Presently the rest of the country is experiencing a huge drought and here in Nelson Mandela Bay we have an abundance of water with every single one of our dams full to overflowing.
We should be using this to our advantage and encouraging tourists from drought stricken areas to holiday here where they can bath and shower and wash their cars without worrying about restrictions.
I can just see the payoff lines:
- Bath with a local
- Daily Car Wash included
- Twice daily showers encouraged
- Complimentary water bottles
- Come see what full dams look like
- Our rain fills dams faster than yours
- We may have leaks but no restrictions
- Cattle welcome to water here
- Free water samples to take home
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Colourful Kanu - 20 July 2019
- Child support grants cannot be used as income in credit applications - 19 July 2019
- New recycling process to help tackle the world’s plastic waste problem - 19 July 2019
- Port Employees Take #ActionAgainstPoverty - 18 July 2019
- Reserve Bank cuts repo rate by 25 basis points - 18 July 2019