On 2 December 2014 Port Elizabeth based General Motors South Africa (GMSA) awarded certificates of competence to a total of nine senior dealer management executives following an extensive and in-depth training programme.
The 18-month Strategic Dealership Management Programme (SDMP) is voluntarily undertaken in partnership with global training and development solution supplier Sewells, and is geared to provide dealer management professionals with world-class training and development in order to maintain the highest levels of excellence in GMSA dealerships.
Says Brian Olson, GMSA Vice President of Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing: “The SDMP has given us an opportunity to provide training to leaders of the dealer network who are in charge of their various departments. From Dealer Principals and Sales Managers, to Parts Managers and Service Managers, these key personnel within our dealer network play absolutely vital roles in ensuring our customers receive the best possible levels of service and attention – along with their staff who are responsible for representing our brands and selling our products in the most professional and customer-centric manner.”
The SDMP includes several training modules which focus on visionary leadership, analytical financial skills, sales management, aftersales and parts management, people management, understanding customers and marketing, environmental considerations, corporate governance, risk management, health and safety, continuity planning, government relations, public relations and BBBEE.
Presented by GMSA Vice President of Operations, Ian Nicholls, certificates were awarded to the following GM dealer representatives:
- Marc Mullahy – Provincial Motors, Mtubatuba
- Wayne Simmonds – Le Roux Motors, Kempton Park
- Earle Austin – Alberante Motors, Alberton
- Adrien Jacobs – Elda Motors, Nylstroom
- William Billett – Thorp Claremont, Cape Town
- Rory Melton – Mascor Greytown, Greytown
- Ben Robertson – Williams Hunt Fourways, Johannesburg
- Nico Muller – Thorp Fish Hoek, Cape Town
- Darryll Rowe – Provincial Motors, Richards Bay
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- We all need a happy place - 17 February 2020
- Graeme and Marlow to renew rivalry - 17 February 2020
- We can ‘kinda’, ‘sort of’ expect no load shedding today - 17 February 2020
- Africa’s First Coronavirus Case Reported - 17 February 2020
- Leon Crushed the #InTheAirTonightChallenge - 17 February 2020