This weekend, Team One South Africa Spokesperson for Women, Nomafrench Mbombo, along with Eastern Cape Premier Campaign Spokesperson for Women, Georgina Faldtman , will embark on a two-day visit to engage with residents of Tiryville (Lapland) and Missionvale in Nelson Mandela Bay.
South Africa’s unemployment rate is a growing humanitarian crisis and women are bearing the brunt, resorting to desperate measures to provide for themselves and their families.
The purpose of this visit is to touch on gender inequality, equal pay for women and equal access to resources, opportunities and economic participation as well as the end of the indignity women who have to suffer in having to engage in carpet interviews for jobs.
Both women leaders will conduct door-to-door as well as hold a street meeting.
Details of the events are as follows:
- Day one: 12 January 2019 from 10:00 at 42 Torpedo Street, Tiryville (Lapland); Kwanobuhle Uitenhage
- Day two: 13 January 2019 from 11:00 at Colorado Street; Missionvale
Democratic Alliance Women’s Network
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: New DA MPL joins EC legislature at eleventh hour - 20 February 2019
- PE Business News: South Africa seek to bounce back after Perera heroics - 20 February 2019
- New MPL Fezeka Mbiko sworn in - 19 February 2019
- King Williams Town News: STEVE BIKO’S WIFE AT HIS FUNERAL IN KING WILLIAM’S TOWN 1977 - 19 February 2019
- Makhanda News: Makhanda water crisis deepens - 19 February 2019