This weekend, Team One South Africa Spokesperson for Women, Nomafrench Mbombo, along with Eastern Cape Premier Campaign Spokesperson for Women, Georgina Faldtman , will embark on a two-day visit to engage with residents of Tiryville (Lapland) and Missionvale in Nelson Mandela Bay.
South Africa’s unemployment rate is a growing humanitarian crisis and women are bearing the brunt, resorting to desperate measures to provide for themselves and their families.
The purpose of this visit is to touch on gender inequality, equal pay for women and equal access to resources, opportunities and economic participation as well as the end of the indignity women who have to suffer in having to engage in carpet interviews for jobs.
Both women leaders will conduct door-to-door as well as hold a street meeting.
Details of the events are as follows:
- Day one: 12 January 2019 from 10:00 at 42 Torpedo Street, Tiryville (Lapland); Kwanobuhle Uitenhage
- Day two: 13 January 2019 from 11:00 at Colorado Street; Missionvale
Democratic Alliance Women’s Network
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Winds of change for Bafana Bafana – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 October 2019
- PE murder victim still not identified – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 October 2019
- Latest news on claiming from the RAF in 2019 – MyPR.co.za - 14 October 2019
- View Tanks Contributing to The World’s First Bank For Water – MyPR.co.za - 14 October 2019
- 4 Bedroom Townhouse to Rent in Sherwood – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 October 2019