This weekend, Team One South Africa Spokesperson for Women, Nomafrench Mbombo, along with Eastern Cape Premier Campaign Spokesperson for Women, Georgina Faldtman , will embark on a two-day visit to engage with residents of Tiryville (Lapland) and Missionvale in Nelson Mandela Bay.
South Africa’s unemployment rate is a growing humanitarian crisis and women are bearing the brunt, resorting to desperate measures to provide for themselves and their families.
The purpose of this visit is to touch on gender inequality, equal pay for women and equal access to resources, opportunities and economic participation as well as the end of the indignity women who have to suffer in having to engage in carpet interviews for jobs.
Both women leaders will conduct door-to-door as well as hold a street meeting.
Details of the events are as follows:
- Day one: 12 January 2019 from 10:00 at 42 Torpedo Street, Tiryville (Lapland); Kwanobuhle Uitenhage
- Day two: 13 January 2019 from 11:00 at Colorado Street; Missionvale
Democratic Alliance Women’s Network
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: Driver arrested at scene of fatal accident in George - 21 April 2019
- Uitenhage News: Makita concrete cutter - 21 April 2019
- Mthatha News: WSU secures interdict amid chaos in Mthatha - 20 April 2019
- PE Business News: Atlas assists public during citizen’s arrest in PE - 20 April 2019
- Grahamstown News: Hefty sentences for 3 Grahamstown rhino poachers - 20 April 2019