This weekend, Team One South Africa Spokesperson for Women, Nomafrench Mbombo, along with Eastern Cape Premier Campaign Spokesperson for Women, Georgina Faldtman , will embark on a two-day visit to engage with residents of Tiryville (Lapland) and Missionvale in Nelson Mandela Bay.
South Africa’s unemployment rate is a growing humanitarian crisis and women are bearing the brunt, resorting to desperate measures to provide for themselves and their families.
The purpose of this visit is to touch on gender inequality, equal pay for women and equal access to resources, opportunities and economic participation as well as the end of the indignity women who have to suffer in having to engage in carpet interviews for jobs.
Both women leaders will conduct door-to-door as well as hold a street meeting.
Details of the events are as follows:
- Day one: 12 January 2019 from 10:00 at 42 Torpedo Street, Tiryville (Lapland); Kwanobuhle Uitenhage
- Day two: 13 January 2019 from 11:00 at Colorado Street; Missionvale
Democratic Alliance Women’s Network
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha News: Nkonyeni hailed as a pillar of strength to young talent - 20 July 2019
- Bhisho News: Bench Talk / Off The Wire - 20 July 2019
- Makhanda News: Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Metaphors - 20 July 2019
- PE Business News: Transnet says it will take two weeks to clear backlog at Ngqura port - 20 July 2019
- Sanctor children do their part for Mandela Day – MyPR.co.za - 19 July 2019