Good governance is important at all levels of society in order to facilitate a people-driven agenda, and this includes institutions of higher learning.
When DASO governed the NMU SRC in 2016, the well-being of the students were paramount, something that has all but disappeared under the SASCO-led administration. The 2016 DASO-led SRC launched an effective SRC bailout fund to assist students with debt clearance to register, launched an #EnablingDreams initiative, which raised hundreds of thousands of rands to assist needy students. These needy students were failed by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
The ANC-affiliated SASCO has failed the students of NMU and they are suffering because of this.
DASO’s recent SRC Election victories at the University of Fort Hare and PE College is indicative of growing youth support for the DA.
Furthermore, DASO’s commitment to caring for students and their issues underlines that it is the only alternative for good governance.
Students deserve an honest and caring government that will ensure that their dreams are enabled.
Like millions of other South Africans, the students of NMU realise that only the DA can bring the real change that builds one South Africa for all.
DASO continues to fight for no student to be left behind.
DA EC Provincial Leader and EC Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 4 Bedroom House For Sale in Walmer, Port Elizabeth for R4 250 000 [video] - 16 February 2019
- Makhanda News: 2,000 students across SA to be awarded CETA bursaries - 16 February 2019
- Guest review from J. Mafukati. – Featured Blog - 15 February 2019
- Bhisho News: Opposition rips into EC Premier Phumulo Masualle’s Sopa ‘whitewash’ - 15 February 2019
- PE Business News: Isuzu trucks in successful relocation to new premises - 15 February 2019