Port Elizabeth – Danny Jordaan was elected, unopposed, as the new mayor of the Nelson Mandela metro in the Eastern Cape this morning.
This comes despite opposition parties joining forces and staying away from the Special Council Meeting at the Nangoza Jebe Hall in New Brighton where Jordaan had been sworn in.
Councillors that attended cheered as Jordaan stepped up to address the meeting.
Congratulations to the new Mayor from MyPE – let us hope and pray that he will put Nelson Mandela Bay first in ALL his decisions.
Meanwhile another controversy bubbles to the surface.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019