The DA would like to thank the residents of Ward 2 in the Kou-Kamma Municipality in the Eastern Cape for once again reaffirming their support and signalling their renewed confidence in the DA.
Following yesterday’s by-elections in the Kou-Kamma, the DA received 55.80% of the votes compared to the ANC’s 43.45% and the EFF’s 0.75%.
The fact that the DA retained this ward, is a vote of confidence in our ability and commitment to put the residents of Kou-Kamma first, above petty politics.
The DA also made great strides in Ward 16 in the Mogalakwena by-elections in Limpopo. Our support in this ward has increased by 9 percentage points from 21.99% in 2016 to 30.42% in 2018. The ANC received 43.53% of the votes and the EFF 26.05%.
These results are a strong surge forward for our party and show the hard work that the DA in Limpopo has done to appeal to voters in the province.
Both wards 2 and 16, in Kou-Kamma and Mogalakwena respectively, are rural wards. The DA grew in both these wards and is streets ahead of other political parties. This shows that our party resonates with all South Africans despite what our detractors claim.
Our successes in these wards show that South Africans from all walks of life recognise and resonate with our key progressive policies, which were passed at our Federal Congress over the weekend.
Although our detractors may seek to sow disunity and polarise us along racial lines – these results are proof that we are a growing and inclusive party.
The residents of Kou-Kamma and Mogalakwena have placed their trust in the DA to bring total change and has put our party well on its way to make great strides in the 2019 national elections.
Refiloe Nt’sekhe MPL
DA National Spokesperson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- First African Home Education Indaba Held – MyPR.co.za - 24 October 2019
- 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 200 Cgi Be for sale in Eastern Cape – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 October 2019
- Three arrested, two firearms confiscated in East London – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 October 2019
- Durban Skaterboarder Khule Ngebane Making Noise In Barcelona – MyPR.co.za - 23 October 2019
- Maimane resigns as DA leader, Trollip follows – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 October 2019