The Democratic Alliance, under the hand of Athol Trollip issued the following statement; “The membership of Stanford Slabbert has been terminated. This is the harshest sanction for a DA public representative. This sends an unambiguous message to everyone in the DA, especially public representatives, that racism in any and all its guises is rejected and will not be tolerated under any circumstances in the DA.
“Mr. Slabbert was charged for bringing the party into disrepute and offending his colleagues for circulating an offensive and racist email.
“Racism remains a blight in our new constitutional democracy and the DA is determined through its policy of Reconciliation, Redress, Diversity and Delivery (R2D2) to do everything in its power to help eradicate racism and prejudice from our society.
“Mr. Slabbert was found guilty by a provincial disciplinary panel, he appealed the finding and after his appeal was considered by the DA’s Federal Legal Commission they upheld the original finding of guilt.
“The decision was then referred to the DA Federal Executive and it was again endorsed at the highest political decision making level.
“The DA does not tolerate racism.”
Editor: There must be other forces at play here!
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Guess Who Turns Two This Month? - 19 February 2020
- IRONMAN 4 the Kidz has made 2020 their year to make a significant difference - 19 February 2020
- SA’s average dam levels increase - 19 February 2020
- Volkswagen launches electric mobility pilot project in South Africa - 19 February 2020
- The Australians Are Coming - 19 February 2020