The DA in the Eastern Cape welcomes the visit of the Hawks to the Nelson Mandela Bay City Hall.
The Hawks are furthering their investigation into the IPTS scandal.
Under the failing ANC government R2.5 billion of the people’s money was wasted on an IPTS that never got off the ground.
The DA calls on Mayor Mongameli Bobani and the failing ANC-led coalition of corruption in NMB to stand up and be counted.
The Mayor must give his full support to the investigation and prove his willingness to fight corruption.
He must ensure that everyone guilty of corruption, face the full might of the law.
Under the leadership of former Mayor Athol Trollip and the DA-led coalition government, much was done to fight corruption.
The DA-led coalition also successfully launched an IPTS service in NMB.
The DA calls on the Hawks to speedily conclude their investigation and criminally prosecute all proven to be involved in this scandal.
Only a DA-led government stands ready to stop corruption in the Eastern Cape and build One South Africa for All.
DA EC Provincial Leader and Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: What you should go see at the National Arts Festival 2019 - 16 June 2019
- PE Business News: HOME AWAY FROM HOME: cozy, convienient, corporate - 16 June 2019
- Mthatha News: WSU takes legal action as students run amok - 16 June 2019
- Big interest in buffalo and hyena on Wildsfees auction – MyPR.co.za - 16 June 2019
- Sometimes the run is just a blur - 16 June 2019