The DA in the Eastern Cape welcomes the visit of the Hawks to the Nelson Mandela Bay City Hall.
The Hawks are furthering their investigation into the IPTS scandal.
Under the failing ANC government R2.5 billion of the people’s money was wasted on an IPTS that never got off the ground.
The DA calls on Mayor Mongameli Bobani and the failing ANC-led coalition of corruption in NMB to stand up and be counted.
The Mayor must give his full support to the investigation and prove his willingness to fight corruption.
He must ensure that everyone guilty of corruption, face the full might of the law.
Under the leadership of former Mayor Athol Trollip and the DA-led coalition government, much was done to fight corruption.
The DA-led coalition also successfully launched an IPTS service in NMB.
The DA calls on the Hawks to speedily conclude their investigation and criminally prosecute all proven to be involved in this scandal.
Only a DA-led government stands ready to stop corruption in the Eastern Cape and build One South Africa for All.
DA EC Provincial Leader and Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- ‘Head down, chin up’: Kagiso Rabada to support South Africa against England from stands – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 January 2020
- Woodlands Dairy first to use closure made from Bio-based material - 24 January 2020
- South African Police Service – Port Elizabeth Business News - 24 January 2020
- Mathews back in top 20 after Harare double-century – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 January 2020
- Uitenhage News: R77 million school construction project stalled since 2018 - 24 January 2020