The DA in the Eastern Cape welcomes the visit of the Hawks to the Nelson Mandela Bay City Hall.
The Hawks are furthering their investigation into the IPTS scandal.
Under the failing ANC government R2.5 billion of the people’s money was wasted on an IPTS that never got off the ground.
The DA calls on Mayor Mongameli Bobani and the failing ANC-led coalition of corruption in NMB to stand up and be counted.
The Mayor must give his full support to the investigation and prove his willingness to fight corruption.
He must ensure that everyone guilty of corruption, face the full might of the law.
Under the leadership of former Mayor Athol Trollip and the DA-led coalition government, much was done to fight corruption.
The DA-led coalition also successfully launched an IPTS service in NMB.
The DA calls on the Hawks to speedily conclude their investigation and criminally prosecute all proven to be involved in this scandal.
Only a DA-led government stands ready to stop corruption in the Eastern Cape and build One South Africa for All.
DA EC Provincial Leader and Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Grahamstown News: Fundraising Furniture Sale All Easter Long - 22 April 2019
- Ironman 2019 Eye in the Sky - 22 April 2019
- Mthatha News: IFP promises to help Matatiele residents to be re-incorporated into KZN - 22 April 2019
- King Williams Town News: 2015 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D LEGEND 45 4X4 Double Cab Bakkie for sale in Eastern Cape - 22 April 2019
- Makhanda News: “The municipality is not collecting our rubbish” - 21 April 2019