The DA in the Eastern Cape welcomes the visit of the Hawks to the Nelson Mandela Bay City Hall.
The Hawks are furthering their investigation into the IPTS scandal.
Under the failing ANC government R2.5 billion of the people’s money was wasted on an IPTS that never got off the ground.
The DA calls on Mayor Mongameli Bobani and the failing ANC-led coalition of corruption in NMB to stand up and be counted.
The Mayor must give his full support to the investigation and prove his willingness to fight corruption.
He must ensure that everyone guilty of corruption, face the full might of the law.
Under the leadership of former Mayor Athol Trollip and the DA-led coalition government, much was done to fight corruption.
The DA-led coalition also successfully launched an IPTS service in NMB.
The DA calls on the Hawks to speedily conclude their investigation and criminally prosecute all proven to be involved in this scandal.
Only a DA-led government stands ready to stop corruption in the Eastern Cape and build One South Africa for All.
DA EC Provincial Leader and Premier Candidate
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: A Patient Approach fail As Pakistan punish Protea, - 20 January 2019
- Grahamstown News: Disruption to Glasgow trains after breakdown on Edinburgh line - 20 January 2019
- High Season in South Africa – holiday for some, hard work for others – Maalikah Reciet, Business Development Manager of Cleaning at Servest, shares her insights on working as a partner to the hospitality industry. – MyPR.co.za - 20 January 2019
- Henry van Deventer at SMME Opportunity Roadshow 2017 Port Elizabeth [video] - 20 January 2019
- Mthatha News: 4 Bedroom House for Sale in Mbuqu - 20 January 2019