Vodacom will give all customers affected by a recent billing systems error a 500MB bundle for free, over and above the airtime and data refunds processed by the company.
The system error, which impacted certain prepaid and top up customers, was caused by a configuration change on Vodacom’s prepaid and top up billing system. Vodacom swiftly isolated the problem and rolled the process back. The company worked hard to ensure that all affected customers were refunded in full.
Shameel Joosub, Chief Executive Officer of Vodacom Group said:
“The error clearly caused inconvenience to our customers and we’ve worked very hard since we picked it up to make it right and refund all our affected customers. But we wanted to go a step further to apologise and thank our customers for their loyalty, so we’ve taken the decision to give each affected customer a free 500MB bundle which they can use over three days.”
“An error of this kind has never happened before and we’ve taken steps to ensure it never recurs. We’d like to assure all our customers that this was simply an error caused during a configuration change and nothing more than that. We hope our customers will appreciate the gesture, and our apology.”
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Consumers cautioned against excessive spending as repo rate remains unchanged - 25 May 2018
- SA Express Suspended - 24 May 2018
- Repo rate unchanged at 6.5% - 24 May 2018
- You can have any Colour you like, So long as it is Black - 24 May 2018
- To fix dysfunctional municipalities, you must start from the ground up - 24 May 2018