Eastern Province Women’s Cricket received a boost this week with the announcement by Cricket South Africa that EP Women’s Cricket Coach, Siya Nkosana has been appointed as the Assistant Coach to the SA Emerging XI team that will tour Zimbabwe 30 November – 10 December. Nkosana was appointed EP Women’s team coach earlier this year.
Local player Lauren Booysen has also been included in the Emerging XI. The SA Emerging XI will play 2 T20’s and four One Day International matches in Harare. Lauren will join her team mates in Johannesburg for two days before departing to Zimbabwe.
“We are very proud to have Siya as part of the management team and Lauren in the team to tour Zimbabwe with the Emerging XI. Siya is a relatively young coach and will gain enormous experience from a tour of this nature. Lauren will gain invaluable international match time which will add tremendous value to the EP Women’s team” said EP CEO, Mark Williams
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Child support grants cannot be used as income in credit applications - 19 July 2019
- New recycling process to help tackle the world’s plastic waste problem - 19 July 2019
- Port Employees Take #ActionAgainstPoverty - 18 July 2019
- Reserve Bank cuts repo rate by 25 basis points - 18 July 2019
- 50 SME’s to Benefit From Pro Bono Programme - 18 July 2019