Songstress Courtney ‘Courus’ Williams who hails from Uitenhage in Nelson Mandela Bay has been performing from a young age. As a young girl Courtney was part of her school choir, took part in musicals and singing competitions honing her skill.
She enrolled for a course in Music Studies. Whilst at the Nelson Mandela University Courtney was exposed to a variet of genres and began singing for various ensembles such as TwoTone Music; BE Soul and AdLib Entertainment.
In the following year she started her own band which has gone on to perform at the annual Splash Festival; The Uitenhage; The Northern Arts Festival and also at the Springs Jazz Festival.
In 2016 Courtney was one of the backing vocalists for the Divas In Spring concert singing alongside Lira; Judith Sephuma; the iconic PJ Powers and Liesl Graham.
In 2017 Courtney staged her solo concert at the Little Theatre and in the following year she moved to Johannesburg to pursue her prospects.
She’s in the Bay this Sunday at the Barn Theatre for our last Jazz’Afro Sundays on 19 May at 17h00. Admission : R70.00 (R50.00 Pensioners) – limited seating be sure to be early
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- EP Cricket Board to focus on cricket development - 22 January 2020
- Kirsty Iversen at Work - 22 January 2020
- The Market Leader in Medium and Heavy Commercial Segments - 22 January 2020
- Oversight inspection at Jubilee Park Primary, Uitenhage - 22 January 2020
- How to choose the the correct legal status for your business - 21 January 2020