A New Brighton couple was shot on 22 January at about 20:30 after they did not want to rent out their house.
This follows after three male suspects came to the couple’s house in Nqolombo Street, New Brighton and enquired from the couple to rent a house belonging to Ms Nomfundo Ndaleni, 58 years. An argument ensued upon which one suspect produced a firearm and shot at the couple, injuring both. Ms Ndaleni was wounded in her face, and her 57 year old boyfriend was wounded in his hip. The suspects then fled the scene.
The couple was taken to Dora Nginza Hospital for medical treatment.
The Motherwell Cluster Commander, Major General Dawie Rabie has expressed shock that the couple was shot for this motive. “We will not rest until these callous suspects are arrested and brought before court”
A case of attempted murder was opened at New Brighton Police Station for the attack.
Any person with information which could assist police in identifying the suspects to please contact the investigating officer from the Motherwell Cluster Serious Violent Crime Unit, Captain Jerome Mackay at 076 018 0713
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- One Step Closer for Fish Farms in Algoa Bay as DAFF Receives EA - 28 February 2020
- First Southern Kings start for 23 year-old - 28 February 2020
- Irish internationals return to Connacht squad for Isuzu Southern Kings clash - 28 February 2020
- 100 First aid kits handed over to local schools - 28 February 2020
- Loadshedding? Possibly, Maybe! - 28 February 2020