Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 08h43, Monday, 26th December, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew, aboard the private boat Beast, belonging to Albatross Off-shore Services, who provided their boat to assist, launched accompanied by 2 EC Government Health EMS rescue paramedics and an interpreter to rendezvous with the 327 meter ore carrier, Cosco Ansteel, last Port of call Brazil, to patient evacuate a 31 year old Chinese crewman, the vessels 2nd Engineer, suffering suspected Appendicitis.
Due to the larger number of personnel accompanying the operation the private boat the Motor Vessel Beast was seconded to assist.
On arrival on the scene the patient, walking wounded, was transferred onto the MV Beast and in the care of EMS rescue paramedics he was brought safely to the Port of Port Elizabeth in a stable condition and he has been transported to hospital by ambulance.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Meet the Fish Farm’s Landlord - 23 April 2019
- Eastern Province Rugby Team to Play Boland - 23 April 2019
- Front Nasionaal / Front National – 2019 - 23 April 2019
- Invite for Girls to Participate in Cricket High Performance Trials - 23 April 2019
- Free Democrats – 2019 - 23 April 2019