Ian Gray, NSRI Port Elizabeth station commander, said:
At 08h43, Monday, 26th December, NSRI Port Elizabeth duty crew, aboard the private boat Beast, belonging to Albatross Off-shore Services, who provided their boat to assist, launched accompanied by 2 EC Government Health EMS rescue paramedics and an interpreter to rendezvous with the 327 meter ore carrier, Cosco Ansteel, last Port of call Brazil, to patient evacuate a 31 year old Chinese crewman, the vessels 2nd Engineer, suffering suspected Appendicitis.
Due to the larger number of personnel accompanying the operation the private boat the Motor Vessel Beast was seconded to assist.
On arrival on the scene the patient, walking wounded, was transferred onto the MV Beast and in the care of EMS rescue paramedics he was brought safely to the Port of Port Elizabeth in a stable condition and he has been transported to hospital by ambulance.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019
- How will the 2019 Budget Speech affect you? - 15 February 2019