Eastern Cape, 05 October 2017: The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL) would like to notify travellers that controlled blasting is scheduled to take place on the R72, section 3 to section 4, from Monday, 9 October 2017 until Wednesday, 11 October 2017, between Birah River and Openshaw Village, weather permitting.
The blast will occur at various positions along the R72 between KM 49.24 (road marker) and KM 16.0 (road marker).
Blasting will take place from Monday, between 2pm and 4pm and the road will be closed between Hamburg turn off and Gcinisa Village.
On Tuesday and Wednesday blasting will take place between 1pm and 3:30pm on both days. The road will be closed between Hamburg turn off and the Peddie turn off on Tuesday and Wednesday.
“Travellers are asked to plan their trips accordingly, consider alternative routes and to use caution when making use of the road,” said Mbulelo Peterson, SANRAL Southern Region’s Manager.
SANRAL apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- South Africa (SA) sides determined to bounce back on Guinness PRO14 tour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020
- Boosting a sense of belonging and growing confidence with uniforms - 21 February 2020
- The people of Inxuba Yethemba Municipality demand better services - 21 February 2020
- Next Mazda BT-50 vs New Isuzu D-Max: What’s the Difference? – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020
- Australia vs South Africa Live Stream ? How To Watch Cricket Game Online TV CovERage – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020