A 43-Year-old male arrested with more than 570 kilograms of dagga near Kinkelbos, Colchester on Saturday Night.
This after Kinkelbos police spotted a white GWM bakkie with canopy driving at high speed towards Nelson Mandela Bay on the N2 at about 20:50. A short vehicle chase ensued which ended when the driver left the road and crashed into road signs. He attempted to flee from the police on foot but was arrested after chasing him for about 100 metres.
Twenty(20) large bags of dagga was discovered on the back of the bakkie, which had a total weight of more than 570 kilograms. The estimated street value of about R2.8 million.
The 43-year-old driver was arrested for dealing in dagga and his vehicle taken for forensic analysis.
He will be appearing in the Alexandria Magistrates Court on Monday 21 January 2019.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Top Table - 16 August 2019
- 2 deceased in tragic boating accident - 16 August 2019
- OUTA plans to challenge the AARTO Amendment Act - 16 August 2019
- 10 Out of 11 Isuzu Southern Kings Games to be played at NMB Stadium - 16 August 2019
- The scene from which the Team Sailing League will kick off on 14 September 2019 - 16 August 2019