A 43-Year-old male arrested with more than 570 kilograms of dagga near Kinkelbos, Colchester on Saturday Night.
This after Kinkelbos police spotted a white GWM bakkie with canopy driving at high speed towards Nelson Mandela Bay on the N2 at about 20:50. A short vehicle chase ensued which ended when the driver left the road and crashed into road signs. He attempted to flee from the police on foot but was arrested after chasing him for about 100 metres.
Twenty(20) large bags of dagga was discovered on the back of the bakkie, which had a total weight of more than 570 kilograms. The estimated street value of about R2.8 million.
The 43-year-old driver was arrested for dealing in dagga and his vehicle taken for forensic analysis.
He will be appearing in the Alexandria Magistrates Court on Monday 21 January 2019.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Bill set to curb municipal corruption - 22 February 2019
- Dear PE – you have asked and pleaded for it and now it is finally happening - 22 February 2019
- How the 2019 Budget will impact the property market - 22 February 2019
- Fun gets serious for Alulutho - 22 February 2019
- 2019 Boardwalk Pearson Open Chess Open - 22 February 2019