A suspect was arrested within minutes after committing a robbery and 5 others were also swiftly apprehended within an hour after the robbery.
The Mount Road Cluster Trio Task Team is investigating a case of Business Robbery that took place on 2018/07/18 at about 13:00 at Cash Crusaders in Commercial Road, Sidwell.
A total of six suspects, three of them armed with firearms walked into the shop pretending to be customers. According to information the suspects threatened the complainant and his five colleagues and a customer to lie on the floor. The customer was hit on the head and his cell phone and wallet were taken together with a number of other items in the shop.
A security guard across the road witnessed the incident and pressed the panic button causing the suspects to flee the scene as ADT Security Company and SAPS who were nearby responded speedily and managed to arrest a suspect on the scene recovering a firearm, wallet and ammunition.
The other five suspects fled and immediately a manhunt was launched. They were arrested within an hour at Centenary Hall in New Brighton in a silver Avanza and positively linked to the robbery.
All suspects will appear in court soon on charges of Business Robbery, Robbery from a person and Illegal possession of firearm and ammunition.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Huge contest expected in Durban – Siya Kolisi - 17 August 2018
- One Southern King Nominated for 2017/18 Guinness PRO14 Dream Team - 17 August 2018
- CEO by day, Ironman in the early mornings, after work and on weekends - 17 August 2018
- Residential Building Activity Trends - 17 August 2018
- What “Price Reduced” really means - 17 August 2018