In 1927, a Maytag clothes washing machine was sold with a gas engine. Reason: Many homes did not have electricity.
In the video below you see a Maytag 92 gas engine washing machine (produced from 1927 into 1937) spin into action. I suppose in those days you had only one choice of fabric fragrance!
Which leads me to ask the question; “When buying new appliances you insist on electric, even for your tools and lawnmowers electric power as the preferred fuel mode as it is quiet, convenient and capable of being stored safely. So why then do you insist on still buying fossil fuel powered vehicles?”
Time to switch to electric and use the power of the sun with Solar.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Have you seen Kefas Marufu? - 8 December 2019
- Could Twitter be the Cause of our #LoadShedding - 8 December 2019
- 8 December’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 8 December 2019
- Neil Powell on Blitzboks win in Dubai - 7 December 2019
- Analysing the Fourth Industrial Revolution - 7 December 2019