In 1927, a Maytag clothes washing machine was sold with a gas engine. Reason: Many homes did not have electricity.
In the video below you see a Maytag 92 gas engine washing machine (produced from 1927 into 1937) spin into action. I suppose in those days you had only one choice of fabric fragrance!
Which leads me to ask the question; “When buying new appliances you insist on electric, even for your tools and lawnmowers electric power as the preferred fuel mode as it is quiet, convenient and capable of being stored safely. So why then do you insist on still buying fossil fuel powered vehicles?”
Time to switch to electric and use the power of the sun with Solar.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Successful Completion of Bedford Primary School - 19 September 2019
- Say Hello to the New Volkswagen - 19 September 2019
- SMEs should manage and invest cash reserves wisely - 19 September 2019
- You are Invited to Strike for the Climate - 19 September 2019
- THIS is what is so Rotten in Politics and Humanity - 19 September 2019