Former Collegiate High School head girl and EP Swimming Star, Jessica Roux, has qualified for the 2012 London Olympics and now anxiously awaits for SASCOC to include her in the SA Olympic Team.
Roux, runner up to Swimming South Africa’s golden girl Natalie Du Toit in the South African 10km Championships earlier in the year, has been in Durban training with South Africa coach Graham Hill and on Saturday edged out Du Toit at an Olympic qualification event in Setubal Bay, Portugal, ending Du Toit’s chances of attending the 2012 Olympics.
In another South African upset over the weekend, Troyden Prinsloo also qualified for the Olympics by beating fellow countryman Chad Ho over the 10km distance.
Both swimmers now await SASCOC approval to be included in Team South Africa for the London Olympics.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The DA will not allow the fight against corruption to be undermined - 22 October 2016
- Can you help with these #NMMU support initiatives? #FeesMustFall - 22 October 2016
- If I was a lawyer my words would be worth R92 680.00 per day - 21 October 2016
- Algoa FM Big Walk for Cancer action starts Thursday - 21 October 2016
- East Cape Woman’s Hot Spot Tops - 21 October 2016