Former Collegiate High School head girl and EP Swimming Star, Jessica Roux, has qualified for the 2012 London Olympics and now anxiously awaits for SASCOC to include her in the SA Olympic Team.
Roux, runner up to Swimming South Africa’s golden girl Natalie Du Toit in the South African 10km Championships earlier in the year, has been in Durban training with South Africa coach Graham Hill and on Saturday edged out Du Toit at an Olympic qualification event in Setubal Bay, Portugal, ending Du Toit’s chances of attending the 2012 Olympics.
In another South African upset over the weekend, Troyden Prinsloo also qualified for the Olympics by beating fellow countryman Chad Ho over the 10km distance.
Both swimmers now await SASCOC approval to be included in Team South Africa for the London Olympics.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 10 Reasons to visit Port Elizabeth - 18 September 2014
- Contact Center gets Double Gold - 17 September 2014
- This one is not being televised - 17 September 2014
- R600 Million in school infrastructure upliftment programmes completed - 17 September 2014
- What Port Elizabeth Blogs say on 17 September 2014 - 17 September 2014