Former Collegiate High School head girl and EP Swimming Star, Jessica Roux, has qualified for the 2012 London Olympics and now anxiously awaits for SASCOC to include her in the SA Olympic Team.
Roux, runner up to Swimming South Africa’s golden girl Natalie Du Toit in the South African 10km Championships earlier in the year, has been in Durban training with South Africa coach Graham Hill and on Saturday edged out Du Toit at an Olympic qualification event in Setubal Bay, Portugal, ending Du Toit’s chances of attending the 2012 Olympics.
In another South African upset over the weekend, Troyden Prinsloo also qualified for the Olympics by beating fellow countryman Chad Ho over the 10km distance.
Both swimmers now await SASCOC approval to be included in Team South Africa for the London Olympics.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Project Nelson Mandela Bay gains momentum - 29 July 2015
- PE Bakkie with more than 720 000 kilometers on the clock - 29 July 2015
- SA Employment figures up - 29 July 2015
- Two sets of rugby bragging rights at stake - 29 July 2015
- What Port Elizabeth Blogs say on 29 July 2015 - 29 July 2015