Reports are coming in of looters targeting a liquor store in Cleary Park Shopping Centre as well as having a number of other businesses’ in their sights.
A report on Facebook by Heidi Frost syas; “Cleary Park on lockdown. Guys from Salt Lake and Windvogel storming shops. People running screaming everywhere. I’m locked with others in Pick ‘n Pay. Stay clear people!”
It would appear that the buildup to ithis incident started over the weekend with electricity cables bwing cut in the Gelvan and Helenvale area followed by a citizen’s ‘roadblock’ earlier this morning…
Roads have been closed and then situation has now escalated to other parts of the Northern Areas.
See images below:
Latest posts by Yazeed Le Roux (see all)
- The Brewmaster Pub on Fire - 13 December 2017
- Just what is this bus trying to do? - 22 November 2017
- Christmas Comes Early for Cleary Park Looters - 13 November 2017
- Cleary Park in Lockdown as Looters go on Rampage [images] - 13 November 2017
- Northern Areas Roads Barricaded - 2 November 2017