The special sister city relationship between Nelson Mandela Bay and the City of Jacksonville in the United States continues grow and bring positive change for the community Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality (NMBM).
As part of this relationship and interaction, a delegation from the City of Jacksonville is in the City to strengthen relationships and do work with the municipality in the following areas:
- To hand over medical equipment to the Provincial Department of Health. MEC Dyantyi will be in attendance. The handover will take place at the Chatty Community Hall on Wednesday afternoon, 6 April 2016.
- Discussions will follow with the Department of Economic Development and Department of Sport, Recreation Arts and Culture with regards to future areas of Cooperation.
This sister city relationship dates back more than 10 years ago when the two Municipality’s first agreed to cooperate and assist each other in various identified areas of priority. The last time the delegation was in the City was in 2012 where they donated a state of the art mobile clinic to the community of Chatty and Booysens Park.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019