The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents and businesses that there has been a burst on the Churchill/ Elandsjagt Bulk water pipeline.
Unfortunately with the nature of repair we will have to shut down both pipelines, but will resume supply in one of the pipelines as soon as it becomes available. We envisage work to be completed during the night and supply to the reservoirs should be restored by tomorrow morning.
Areas that will be affected are Van Stadens, Kini Bay, Blue Horizon Bay, however there will be no inflow to storage reservoirs in large parts of Port Elizabeth so all residents must only use water for essential purposes.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to apologise for the unexpected inconvenience caused by this incident. Residents in the areas mentioned who are experiencing water cuts are requested to contact the municipality 0800205050 for an alternative water distribution arrangement (water tankers).
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019
- Mayor Appeals to Residents - 30 September 2019
- Rapid capture of rapist following law enforcement collaboration - 26 September 2019
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019