The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to inform residents and businesses that there has been a burst on the Churchill/ Elandsjagt Bulk water pipeline.
Unfortunately with the nature of repair we will have to shut down both pipelines, but will resume supply in one of the pipelines as soon as it becomes available. We envisage work to be completed during the night and supply to the reservoirs should be restored by tomorrow morning.
Areas that will be affected are Van Stadens, Kini Bay, Blue Horizon Bay, however there will be no inflow to storage reservoirs in large parts of Port Elizabeth so all residents must only use water for essential purposes.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality would like to apologise for the unexpected inconvenience caused by this incident. Residents in the areas mentioned who are experiencing water cuts are requested to contact the municipality 0800205050 for an alternative water distribution arrangement (water tankers).
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Water Shut Off Due To Maintenance Work - 10 July 2019
- On the Non Collection of Refuse - 5 July 2019
- Let me know what challenges you face - 4 July 2019
- Staying ahead of the curve to address community issues a must – Mayor Bobani - 2 July 2019
- Parts of Summerstrand and Humewood Could be Without Water - 26 June 2019