Christopher Adams – 35, trained at the Toynbee Ballet School in Gelvandale under GwenMary Wells and the National School of the Arts in South Africa. He performed with the South African Ballet Theatre and received the Linbury scholarship to study at Rambert School in London.
He then joined Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet and had the opportunity to perform works by Didy Veldman, Jill Johnson, Stijin Celis and Ohad Naharin. He has performed in productions at the Metropolitan Opera from 2009 to present and was Associate Choreographer/Dancer in the production of Magdalena at Theatre du Chatelet Paris in 2010. He worked with dance companies such as Ballet X, Sidra Bell, Compagnie Julie Bour and Zvidance.
Adams was the Associate Choreographer on The Lion King: Concert in the Wild for Disney starring Viola Davis commemorating the 20th anniversary of the motion picture, and also the opera MAGDALENA at the Teatre du Chatelet in Paris.
With reference to dance productions in Port Elizabeth and South Africa Christopher says local productions must “engage the general population”, and use “our rich culture” and “stories about everyday lives”.
Add your Notable Port Elizabeth Person below:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Yacht Aerial Assisted – NOT in PE, though - 17 July 2018
- Nelson Mandela Day - 17 July 2018
- Township and Rural Economies to Come Under Spotlight at National Summit in East London - 17 July 2018
- New Title Sponsor for Ironman 70.3 World Championships - 16 July 2018
- Rocket Building, Deep Secrets and the Road to Mvezo - 16 July 2018