Christopher Adams – 35, trained at the Toynbee Ballet School in Gelvandale under GwenMary Wells and the National School of the Arts in South Africa. He performed with the South African Ballet Theatre and received the Linbury scholarship to study at Rambert School in London.
He then joined Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet and had the opportunity to perform works by Didy Veldman, Jill Johnson, Stijin Celis and Ohad Naharin. He has performed in productions at the Metropolitan Opera from 2009 to present and was Associate Choreographer/Dancer in the production of Magdalena at Theatre du Chatelet Paris in 2010. He worked with dance companies such as Ballet X, Sidra Bell, Compagnie Julie Bour and Zvidance.
Adams was the Associate Choreographer on The Lion King: Concert in the Wild for Disney starring Viola Davis commemorating the 20th anniversary of the motion picture, and also the opera MAGDALENA at the Teatre du Chatelet in Paris.
With reference to dance productions in Port Elizabeth and South Africa Christopher says local productions must “engage the general population”, and use “our rich culture” and “stories about everyday lives”.
Add your Notable Port Elizabeth Person below:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Springbok Squad Start Gathering in Port Elizabeth - 20 September 2018
- Heavy sentence for abalone poacher - 20 September 2018
- Dear Mayor Bobani – Is Your Statement a Bunch of Porky Pies? - 19 September 2018
- Blockading Taxi Takes a Shotgun Round - 19 September 2018
- Big tests for Kings and Cheetahs - 19 September 2018