Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Christmas greetings to you all!
With just a few days to go before Christmas, I know we’re all scuttling around trying to sort out our last minute EVERYTHING. Well, at least I am.
Good luck to you, if you’re in the same predicament as I am.
We’ll get through it!
One thing I don’t have to worry about though, my Christmas Gear.
Make Up: Mishka Amod ( Bookings)
Photography: Courtney Whittaker
Top: River Island
Pants: Cotton On
Handbag: Michael Kors ( Chicago, US)
About this look:
This I’d describe as my classic casual chic. I added the ‘chic’ there to describe a subtle glamour. The ‘glamour’ is added by the beautiful trendy sandals, and the stunning petite Michael Kors handbag ( which happens to be one of my favorite purchases. Its stunningly cute and dainty, but holds incredible weight, in the name and elegance )
This Christmas I decided to keep it simple yet elegant. Ive decided to include myself at the big people’s table and so I have to look the part. ( No, I haven’t been seated at the children’s table all these years, Ive just roamed around with my one cousin, finding our niche… Now Niche has been found)
Finding your CLOTHING NICHE this Christmas:
- Well this year I dubbed the term Corporate chic, and that has been my style story throughout the year. This has become my niche, in clothing style and in market. This came on because I wanted a more modest appeal in my attire, so my modest + fashionable combination birthed my Corporate chic stance.
See, most things in life have cause and meaning, so find and create meaning to something as simple as your fashion sense.
2. As creatives ( styling creatives) give your wardrobe meaning, add value and personal appeal to the things you wear. Make them unique to YOU.
3. Ive said this before, but I hold on to this.. Don’t be afraid to try new things. New outfits, new niches, new trends..Just NEW. You never know what you’ll fall in love with!
Feel free to comment and connect with me, below or on Social media.
Have yourselves a blessed Christmas!
Till Next Week..
Source: Blog – House of OP.
Those of you who read my previous blog post, and follow me on social media will know that i’m finally on holiday. After launching my business ( and blog ) on the 1st November, I’ve been working 16 hour days, just about everyday, so believe me when I tell you, I AM SO HAPPY TO BE ON HOLIDAY. I hope you are too!
I’m also very happy to be releasing a few casual outfits.
My “casual” is usually a corporate casual. Not generally a “put some pants on, grab a top and walk out” kind of casual.
I’m working on it though. I wear jeans on occasion, and I even wear t-shirts now!
That’s for later though. Let me tell you about this look.
Here I am wearing a fitted grey turtle neck top, with leather shorts ( remember I told you I love these weird and wonderful funky pants- leather seems to love me, I really love it too). I paired this with a beautiful pair of block heels, and a gorgeous petite bag.
Photography: Nikolaas Du Plooy
Pants: Jay Jays ( Now Refinery)
Handbag: River Island
I love, love LOVE these shorts. In my Style Identity post, I mentioned how and why I wear these kinds of pants. Check it out.
Anyway, Summer is HERE and we all know that legs are coming out. Let me give you my take on How to wear your shorts this summer:
- Keep it classy. I don’t advise ANYONE to leave ANY butt-cheecks out. EVER. =)
- Be comfortable. By comfortable I mean 1. in your own skin ( its hot guys, we’re ALL allowed to wear shorts) and 2. be comfortable in your clothing, find the RIGHT size and fit.
- How about we shave our legs, regularly =) I mean, not many things make you feel as good as a fresh pair of shaved legs
Have a great summer!
See you next week
Source: Blog – House of OP.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Ironman 2019 – “Bring my Leg” - 25 May 2019
- Alex Concert Band 2013 – October [video] - 25 May 2019
- Makhanda News: Fela in Versace: how popular culture is driving 21st century pan-Africanism - 25 May 2019
- PE Business News: 3 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in St Georges Park - 24 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Woman, boyfriend gruesomely murdered in Mthatha - 24 May 2019