On arrival on-scene paramedics attempted to resuscitate a male aged approximately 20, from Port Elizabeth, and after all efforts to resuscitate the man were exhausted he was declared dead.
Police have opened an inquest docket.
Staying with PE people being assisted by the NSRI, on 25 December NSRI Simonstown towed the Port Elizabeth yacht, Mystic Lady, sailing from Port Elizabeth to Simonstown and requiring a tow on her arrival outside of the harbour, into Simonstown harbour where they required no further assistance.
Sailing vessel Mystic Lady is a 38 foot Moody belonging to ABYC Safety Officer, Phil Rademan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020