The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum will be hosting art workshops for children during the July school holidays to celebrate Mandela Month.
The exhibition, THE ART MUSEUM IS A MEETING PLACE, pays tribute to the role of the Art Museum as a conduit for people, art and ideas to meet. The exhibition shows how artists use their talent to tell stories about the world around them.
What is your story and how can you inspire people around you
Join us, as we will be using the art on display and Mandela’s favourite stories as inspiration to make our unique art work. It will be a chance for you to experiment with a range of art materials.
- Wednesday, 12 July: 7- 11yrs, Story telling and soft pastel drawing
- Thursday, 13 July: 12- 15yrs, Drawing, making stories
- Friday, 14 July: 7 – 15 yrs, Painting with paper inclusions
- Wednesday, 19 July: 7- 9 yrs, Drawing faces
- Thursday, 20 July: 12 -15 yrs, Charcoal and acrylic painting
- Friday, 21 July: Family, Create fond memories – paper family quilt
- Time: 9h00-12h00 on dates above
- Price: R30 cash, per person, per day.
All materials will be provided.
Please bring along an apron or wear old clothes and bring your own packed lunches.
Booking is essential as only a limited number of children can be accommodated.
For more information and to book your seat please telephone the Art Museum on 041 506 2000.