Today, 7 June 2011, the Eastern Province Rugby Union announced that it has acquired the services of experienced playmaker, Louis Strydom from the Free State Cheetahs.
Louis is a seasoned fly-half with a good all-around kicking game, accurate goal-kicking and slick distribution skills. He comes to the Kings from the Cheetahs boasting over 10 years of professional experience, including 12 Super Rugby caps with the Lions and the Cheetahs.
“Strydom brings depth and experience to a crucial position and will fit in nicely to our style of play” says Head Coach Alan Solomons. “We are happy to welcome him to the camp and look forward to a successful working relationship.”
Strydom has joined the Kings in time for the Nations Cup and will meet the team in Romania for his debut.
The SA Kings will face Georgia in their first Nations Cup match-up on Friday 10 June 10 at 7:00 pm EEST (6pm SA time).
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020