The wait is over – Checkers Xtra Savings is here! Africa’s largest supermarket group has introduced its latest initiative that shows their loyalty to customers, and not the other way round.
There are no Points. No Tiers. No Levels. Just instant cash savings on your groceries and drinks.
Partnering with SA’s biggest brands, Checkers Xtra Savings is launching with incredible savings ranging from essentials such as 35% off OMO washing powder to premium deals with R1000 off Johnnie Walker Blue Label whisky, and so much more in between.
Here’s what you get. The Checkers Xtra Savings Programme is exactly what it says it is. It gives you extra cash savings on more than 1,000 products every month. Simply swipe your card and save at the till. Discounts are clearly marked in store, and every saving automatically reflects on your till slip.
Other benefits include:
- Cash savings on specially marked products every week
- Personalised offers on products you buy and love
- Birthday surprises and special perks
- VIP previews of upcoming offers and promotions such as Black Friday
- Automatic entries into store competitions and a chance to win free shopping every time you swipe
- Make every swipe count as Checkers will donate to beneficiary organisations that fight hunger
Here’s what you don’t get. No pointless points. No complicated rules to follow or tiers to climb. No waiting for your cash. No smoke. No mirrors.
And here’s why. “We are obsessed about our customers and giving them more ways to save,” explains Neil Schreuder, Chief of Strategy & Innovation for the Group. “This is proof.”
Checkers have enlisted world famous master magician Dynamo to headline their launch campaign. His aim is to highlight the simplicity of the campaign and the absence of smoke and mirrors common in loyalty programmes. In Dynamo’s words “If you’re going to pick a card, don’t pick just any card”.
“The success of the Xtra Savings Programme will be in its simplicity,” continues Schreuder. “Loyalty cards with slow-earning points are everywhere. Consumers know the game. They want transparent incentives. They want meaningful gratification. And that’s what we’re giving them.”
Customers can sign up quickly for Xtra Savings for free in-store or by using any of the paperless channels too:
- Add Checkers (+27-87-240-5385) as a WhatsApp contact and say “Hi!”
- Scan the QR code on the back of your Xtra Savings card (available in store) and sign up online
- Dial *134*835*CARDNUMBER# and follow the prompts
- Download the Checkers app from your app store.
Visit any Checkers, Checkers Hyper or Checkers Liquorshop and pick up a card to start getting real rewards.
Author: Patti Quinton
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 1 Bedroom House to Rent in Summerstrand – Port Elizabeth in the News - 7 December 2019
- South African logistics startup Droppa receives funding from IDF Capital for expansion – Port Elizabeth Business News - 6 December 2019
- More victims come forward in case of PE couple accused of duping investors – Port Elizabeth in the News - 6 December 2019
- Before the start – Team Sailing League Regatta - 6 December 2019
- Families living in classrooms for 18 years to be relocated – News from GroundUp - 6 December 2019