Now this was a dining experience that I can rave about – what could be better than to soak up the warm winter sun whilst enjoying a crisp, chilled Chardonnay on the deck of the Algoa Bay Yacht Club‘s, Chartroom Restaurant – ah the view! It had been a while since we had visited and great memories of our last visit lingered from when Imagination were doing the catering. The Chartroom Catering is now being done by the old owners of Mint Humerail and we were suitably impressed.
We ordered 4 dishes, which we shared between our family of four. I am a lover of deep fried Camembert and just had to try it out – 2 large wedges, deep fried to perfection served with 2 slices of a toasted special bread, cranberry sauce and some figs on the side, really enjoyable. The Chicken Schnitzel was two pieces of crumbed chicken schnitzel perfectly prepared and served with a generous helping of cheese sauce, chips, glazed carrots (delish!) and whole beans. A New Yorker Pizza with blue cheese, mozzarella, rocket and bacon was delicious and, almost a week later, and my son is still talking about the pizza! Our final dish was calamari and squid heads – tender calamari tubes and crisp squid heads served with tartar sauce, chips, carrots and green beans.
Unfortunately there was no room for desert.
I thought that the bill was most impressive for all that we had and the quality of our food.
I would highly recommend The Chartroom Restaurant for something completely different – was most impressed by both the food and the service. Keep up the great work!
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: WATCH: ZODWA SHOWCASES 1 OF HER 4 WEDDING DRESSES - 15 July 2019
- Uitenhage News: Volkswagen launches Literacy Centres in Eastern Cape - 15 July 2019
- PE Business News: Transnet’s strike impasse at Port of Nqgura has debilitating impact on local economy - 15 July 2019
- JBay Winterfest: Big Wins, Big Upsets at the Corona Open JBay – MyPR.co.za - 15 July 2019
- Mthatha News: GOOD SAMARITANS HELP FAMILY - 15 July 2019