A significant amount bestowed to the University by music teacher and humanitarian Charles Bryars, allows the Department of Music to allocate bursaries once a year to worthy students to further their studies in music.
Auditions took place in the beginning of August and the finalists chosen will stage their performances at the concert on the 26th whereby the overall winners will be selected and announced.
The six finalists are:
- Carolyn Rossouw (recorder);
- Luxolo Jule (voice);
- Kaya Hadi (voice);
- Astrid Small (piano),
- Mieke Struwig (clarinet);
- Grant Snyman (clarinet) and
- Arnu Oelofse (organ).
They will perform an assortment of pieces by recognized classical and contemporary composers.
Arnu Oelofse will be performing at the Dutch Reformed Church, Summerstrand at 18:45. The rest of the students will perform at NMMU South Campus Auditorium at 19:30 the same evening.
Entrance to the evening concert is R40 per adult, R20 per pensioner and R10 per student/scholar.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Municipalities warned against cutting water to residents - 6 April 2020
- Create the space to implement positive outcomes in the midst of a global pandemic - 6 April 2020
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020
- Lockdown sees a decrease in serious and violent crimes - 5 April 2020
- Willowvale police investigate murder case - 5 April 2020