I would really like to know what the ‘Powers to Be’ are doing about illegal electricity? Is it no longer a crime to make these connections, or does it only count for certain electricity deprived people?
I can’t see how the authorities involved with policing these connections can use the ‘we are under staffed’ or ‘we don’t know of these illegal connections’ excuses!
Why do we have to foot the bill while others get away with it?
Attached is an image in which you can clearly see a man making illegal connections in broad daylight!
Eye on the Community
Editor’s Notes: These illegal electricity connections have been in existence for many years – after heavy rains one can see the ‘street electricians’ making hasty repairs to overhead and underground cables. Yes – some cables have been laid under tar roads after channels have been cut with angle grinders and then filled with cement. It is patently obvious to all who pass through and live in these areas that something illegal is going on. To me this is a criminal charge of ‘common purpose’ that could be levelled against each and every single resident.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cricket-Warner calls for respect from S Africa fans – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020
- Greenmarket Square traders want protesting refugees removed – News from GroundUp - 20 February 2020
- BWW Review: MASTER HAROLD… AND THE BOYS at Arizona Theatre Company – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 February 2020
- Warner calls for respect from South Africa fans – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 February 2020
- Councillors are not supposed to be involved in anything related to tenders - 20 February 2020